Technical Solutions Manager
Permanent role: remote/hybrid
ABEC is a Building and Energy Management System Specialist. Our Product / Service Lines are.
This is a fast-growing company operating in The UK & Ireland and Europe with exciting growth and expansion plans. The main offices are in Tewkesbury and Wokingham with most of the workforce being mobile or remote.
Purpose of the Role
The Technical Solutions Manager will form part of a larger sales team whose common aim is to generate sales revenue and exceed order input targets from multiple client accounts. The role will involve taking a requirement from Account Managers and creating and providing detailed quotations. The quotations may be for one or more of the following solutions (delete those which are not applicable)
• New Build BMS & PMS Projects (Contracting).
• BMS & PMS Maintenance and Remote Services and Monitoring.
• Special Projects in existing buildings (FM’s and End Users)
• Energy Contracts and Projects
• Smart Buildings (Analytics & IoT)
The ideal candidate for this role has at least 5 years’ experience as a technician within our industry and is very accurate. The ideal candidate shall also have accreditation in at least 2 systems. The Technical Solutions Manager needs to review drawings, specifications and Client Requirements Docs and be able to create an accurate and detailed proposal clearly highlighting any inclusions and exclusions. The individual also needs to be able to provide bid docs of a high standard.
Duties and responsibilities in this position are:
1. Create Specification Compliant quotations and follow a pre-defined process.
2. Carry out site surveys and create quotations based on the surveys.
3. Create quotations from Specifications and drawings.
4. Build on and expand a library of inclusions / exclusions and discuss with Account
managers and or clients to ensure no scope gaps are present in any quote.
5. Provide budgets for exclusions if required.
6. Guide and advise Account Managers Technically.
7. Create Request for Information (RFI’s) for Quotations and manage and implement the
8. Be able to present the quotations created from both a technical and operational
9. Ensure all changes are tracked and documented as information is received and quotes are
10. Ensure any commercial changes are tracked and are able to be presented and justified.
11. Provide ‘Value Engineered’ Ideas to increase ABEC’s competitive edge.
12. Provide technical assistance to the operation teams.
13. Learn about and introduce new product and methods as they become available.
14. Always aim to reduce client scope gaps.
15. Provide Engineering / Design support to Ops during Pre -Construction periods if
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for this position:
1. Continue to learn and understand the Technical Products
2. Carry out continual learning in relation to relevant products and services. This may
include IoT Technology, I.T. and Networking.
3. Able to work on simultaneous quotations and manage stakeholders’ expectations.
4. Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
5. Highly motivated and organized.
6. Dedication to providing great customer service.
7. Able to work alone or as part of a team.
Experience which is needed for this position:
1. Proven experience as a BMS Technician or Project Manager.
2. Proven experience as a BMS Estimator quoting NEW BUILD BMS
3. A history of consistently meeting deadlines.