About the Company
ABEC is a Building and Energy Management System Specialist. Our Product / Service Lines are;
- New Build BMS & PMS Projects (Contracting).
- BMS & PMS Maintenance and Remote Services and Monitoring.
- Special Projects in existing buildings (FM’s and End Users)
- Energy Contracts and Projects
- Smart Buildings (Analytics & IoT)
This is a fast‐growing company operating in The UK & Ireland and Europe with exciting growth and expansion plans. The main offices are in Tewkesbury and Wokingham with most of the workforce being mobile or remote.
Purpose of the Role
The BMS Support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining Building Management and Energy Systems of varying sizes and types. A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical services, HVAC and controls is a necessity. A BMS Support Engineer is required to ensure the customer / end user receives a quality service andsystem faults are resolved and communicated to customers as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Reasons to work for us….
- We are a privately owned, professional, fast growing global BMS business offering great packages and unrivalled career progression …
- We have an inclusive culture and act with strong moral principles.
- We are an equal opportunities employer that values each individual’s contribution.
- Work in your specialist area ‘Service, Projects, Energy or Smart Buildings – sales or engineering – mobile or site based – UK or abroad’
- Work with your specialist system(s) – Trend, Tridium, Schneider, Cylon, Honeywell, RDM, Siemens
- Work local to where you live – minimal travel with regional teams employed
- Work with great people and a real family feel
- Be given the skills and specialist training to grow with us and succeed
- Reduced writing and administration utilising Job Logic software for efficient report submissions, maintenance recommendations and job management
- See your diaries and movements 12 months in advance on your Smart phone
And all this with…
- Best in market salaries
- Great and flexible company car choice and/or generous allowances
- Uncapped bonus and commission schemes
- Guaranteed 10 days technical training every year
- 25 days holidays, sickness cover and protection and NEW enhanced paternity pay
- Personal development plans (PDP’s) for all staff for career progression
- Life insurance at 3 x salary
- NEW Edenred employee rewards scheme – amazing retail and takeaway discounts
- NEW Income protection scheme
- NEW private health care and insurance for and your families
- NEW ‘We Care’ employee assistance scheme for 24/7 GP, health, finance and legal advice
- Long service awards (cash prizes)
- Cycle to work scheme and support
- Thanks badges and quarterly awards for performance
- The ABEC Academy for all your training and support needs
- Employee referral scheme at 2k per introduction for new recruits ABEC have an inclusive culture and act with strong moral principles. We are an equal opportunities employer that values each individual’s contribution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace company values, ethos and support new initiatives creating and maintaining a true team culture
- Carry out and document all tasks associated with the maintenance of a Building Management System including planned, reactive and corrective tasks.
- To meet the customer at the beginning and end of each site visit in order to confirm what works are to be done and what works have been completed.
- Be solely responsible in ensuring all engineers reports, quotes and timesheets are completed and issued in line with procedures. Ensure engineers reports are issued to customer by email and an explanation provided before leaving site.
- Be available to assist with regional callout rotas providing 24 hour cover for customers with critical buildings / systems.
- Carry out small project works and remedial quoted works
- Mentor less experienced junior engineers and trainees
- Be responsible in ensuring health and safety procedures and standards are followed on site. Ensure all Health and safety documentation is filed, maintained and updated on site.
- Ensure that all activity is accurately recorded on timesheets and that the timesheets are submitted on time every week.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the level of service provided. Ensure customer problems / requests are priorities during service visits.
- Maintain an appropriate level of communication with customers throughout each and every visit. Ensure customers receive information and documentation within timescales agreed / within contract.
- Consider and review alternative maintenance methods to improve quality and costs.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by senior staff within ABEC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed for this position:
- Good understanding of HVAC & plant operation.
- Expert knowledge in Trend BMS systems.
- Good knowledge in at least 1 other BMS system
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of works and report upon their progress.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Hands on experience of carrying out all the tasks expected ofteam.